Saturday, June 4, 2011

Let Your Intentions Soar!!!

Most, if not all pagans, are quite familiar with the idea of 'stating your intent'.  It is something we do at the start of every ritual, every spell, and every prayer.  For those who are just starting on their path, and for those who are just now looking for it, let me explain the purpose of 'intent'. 

There are a few reasons we plainly state what our intentions are.  At the beginning of a ritual, we like to state the purpose for that ritual to help us (and those participating with us) put ourselves in the right frame of mind.
For example, we are getting ready to celebrate MidSummer, also known as Litha.    As we begin our ritual celebration, we would say something to the effect of "We are here today to celebrate the ending of the waxing year and the beginning of the waning year, in preparation for the harvest to come. Midsummer is a time to absorb the Sun's warming rays and it is another fertility Sabbat, not only for humans, but also for crops and animals."  Now our intent is set and we can get on with the party.  When we do spell work, or pray, we do the same thing.  Say you want to do a spell, prayer, for a better job.  You would begin by stating just that; "I am here today to ask for help in finding a better job."  Simple, right?  Make sense doesn't it?

But there is another form of 'stating your intent'. It's something like an affirmation.  If you've ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit called "Daily Affirmations" (this was about 15 years ago when the show was still funny), then you might have an idea what I'm talking about.  You wake up in the morning, look yourself in the face (mirror) and state clearly "I am a Divine being and as such I will see the Divine in everyone and everything around me" (or something like that).  Now you've set your intent for the day. 

You can use this for just about anything in your life.  Have an important meeting? Set your intentions. "I am an intelligent woman/man and I am fully prepared for this (meeting/interview/whatever)."  Setting out on a new spiritual path?  "I am a Divine being and I am ready to be one with my Divineness."  You can use this as a little 'reminder' throughout your day, "I am not infallible and I understand that no one else is either.  I will choose carefully how I react to people and situations today and will do my best to not only let my Divine self shine, but to see the Divineness of others."

So, here's my intent....
"I intend to ignite my Divine Spark, consciously.  I intend to really KNOW who I am.  I intend to bring my shadows in to the light and to embrace them, for they are a part of me, not outside of me.  I intend to listen to my intuition, to read the signs that are given to me, and to stop ignoring my premonitions.  I intend to express myself as creativily as possible, through art and music and whatever else inspires me.  I intend to have a closer working relationship with the Divine God/dess.  I intend to be healthing and loving in my relationship.  I intend to unleash all of my hidden 'powers' and to use them to better myself and my world.  I intend to intend more.  I intend to be the best ME that I can be."





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment