Thursday, April 28, 2011

Daily Draw for Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today's card is:


Interpretation:  Protecting one's interest and psyche.  Control of the direction of one's life.  Travel.  Understanding the nature of good and evil.


Questions to ask:

  1. How does the card relate to your plans for today or to what has happened today?
  2. How does the card relate to the person you wish to be/were today?
  3. How might the card indicate the people in your life today?

So, as you know from my post earlier today, I was contacted by an old friend.  And after the small talk of 'How are the kids?' and  'What have you been up to?' we started talking about meditation and breaking through barriers in your psyche in order to attain higher consciousness and things like that.  And now I draw this card.  Protecting one's psyche.  Most barriers in our minds are of our own device.  We put them there as we grow from childhood to adulthood, usually without realizing we're doing it, in order to protect ourselves from unpleasantness.  They are always so very easy to put up, but not always so easy to tear down.  Take my mind, for instance.  I didn't just build a barrier.  I built a Labyrinth.  I can't even find my way through that damn thing!  I sometimes ask myself 'If I put up this maze to hide the bad things, do I really wanna see what's in there?'  The answer is NO, I really don't wanna know.  But at the same time, I need to get through to the other side.  So, I suppose it's time to put on my armor and go forth into the Labyrinth and pray there are no dragons hiding in there.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment