Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ready for Spring

So a couple of days ago I mentioned an altar cloth that I made.  I thought I'd take a moment to explain that a bit because it sounded like I made the whole thing and honestly, I'm not that talented.  I was looking for something to use on my altar that had a spring theme.  However, all I could find was bunnies and eggs and other 'Easter' related decorations.  So, after much thought (okay really it was on a whim) I decided to just make something.  I found a very pretty purple piece of fabric (my favorite color, also good for Spring, and Hera likes it too.), and drew a few spring-y things on it, i.e flowers, butterflies, leaves...  Now the fun part was embroidering these pictures.  You see, I've never done embroidery in life.  Not a clue what or how or anything.  I'm not completely clueless when it comes to sewing.  I can sew on a button in snap!  But this project was beyond my skills.  I didn't care.  I was determined to learn.  I mastered one stitch type and then did the entire thing one way.  After I was finished, my Aunt informed me that she knows how to do embroidery and has offered to show me a few things before I start another project.  Ah, if only I'd have known this before I started THIS project.  LOL  Oh well.  I still like my new altar cloth.  I think it turned out quite well.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment