Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tarot 101 - Daily Draw & The Five Senses

Homework assignments 2.4 and 2.5 I am putting together.
First is the Daily Draw.  This will be an ongoing, daily post and I might just continue it in the same way that I am doing this one.  The second part is to take that card and use the five senses to 'feel' the imagery.  To put yourself into the picture and to see, taste, smell, hear and touch everything you see.  The purpose of this exercise it to give you a deeper understanding of each individual card.


Sight - I see the deep blue sky, soft clouds, the water flowing from cup to ocean, the water lily showing life and growth and beauty, the soft glow of the light emanating from within the cup and the dove perched there with outstretched wings, welcoming me.

Sound -  I hear the water flowing, the fish jumping in the ocean, the wind is blowing softly and the dove coos as it nestles in the cup.

Taste -  I can taste the life giving waters, cool and sweet. 

Touch - I feel the wind as it caresses me.  The cup in my hand, though overflowing with water and the weight of the dove, seem light as a feather.  The water is cool and refreshing.

Smell - I can smell the ocean, the saltines of it mingling with sweet floral of the water lily.  On the wind I can smell  grass and trees.


The actual interpretation of this card is:
The beginning of great love, joy, spiritual enlightenment, perfection, beauty.  Family love and true friendships.  Birth.


So, questions to ask:
  1. How does the card relate to your plans for today or to what has happened today?
  2. How does the card relate to the person you wish to be/were today?
  3. How might the card indicate the people in your life today?
My plans for the day are to get caught up on all the school work I have missed these last couple of weeks, as well as the assignments I have just simply neglected to do over the last month.  Oh the joys of depression.  It strikes when you least expect it and makes you not want to do ANYTHING!  But alas, I am better now so it's time to get in gear.  And as all of my 'school work' pertains to my spiritual enlightenment, I'd say this card relates quite well in that aspect.  As for the family love, my husband and children are both my blessing and my curse. The friendship part of that is really a moot point.  I have no friends.  Not really.  I have several acquaintances, some that know me better than others.  But none that I would call a "true" friend.  Yes my life is lonely.  Yes, I'm quite used to it.  No, it doesn't bother me because I am comfortable with myself, I like me, I'm a cool cat.  LOL (although it has been suggested that the lack of friends in my life has contributed to the ceaseless voices in my head.)

As to how this card relates to who I wish to be/am today, I am a happy person today.  No symptoms of depression lingering from my last dip in the abyss.  Today feels like a good day.

The people in my life...let's see....there's my husband (blech) and my children (angel/demons is what they are) and that is it. My parents but I only talk to them every once in a while.  My doggy!  My doggy is being so sweet today. Here's my doggy.





No comments:

Post a Comment